DES Document 1772-v2
- Document #:
- Document type:
- Submitted by:
- Elizabeth J Buckley-Geer
- Updated by:
- John Peoples
- Document Created:
- 19 May 2008, 12:01
- Contents Revised:
- 23 Nov 2010, 17:32
- Metadata Revised:
- 31 May 2016, 13:48
- This Memorandum is among the Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy (AURA), the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC), and the Fermi Research Alliance,LLC (FRA), henceforth the Parties. The MOU was originally signed and executed on May 13, 2008. Amendment #1 was signed and executed on August 27, 2010 and incorporated into the MOU. The amended MOU together with DES-2334 (DES Publication Policy), DES-2503 (DES Membership Policy)and DES-3005 (Science Committee Charter) collectively form the DES Principles of Operation.
Amendment #1 makes the MOU for DES consistent with the MOU between DOE and the NSF for the Transfer of Dark Energy Camera Property and Related Equipment.
The Parties are committed to achieving two primary goals in this Understanding: (1) the successful deployment of DECam, a world class astronomical instrument, on the Blanco telescope, for the benefit of the entire astronomical community served by NOAO, and (2) the successful completion of the scientific goals of the Collaboration. These goals are of equal importance to the Parties and the Understanding has been drafted to reflect that principle. The Collaboration requested 525 scheduled nights on the Blanco 4-m telescope with DECam in order to carry out the Survey. In exchange for the telescope time, the Parties, with the contributions from the Collaboration that are described in the Addendum, will deliver the DECam System, which consists of the DECam instrument, the Community Pipeline and their interfaces to the Blanco and the E2E System, to NOAO for use by the NOAO Community and the Collaboration. The Goals and Deliverables, including the management, execution and oversight of the DES Projects are described in further detail in the Addendum.
- Amendment #1 makes the MOU for DES consistent with the MOU between DOE and the NSF for the Transfer of Dark Energy Camera Property and Related Equipment. The DOE-NSF provides for the transfer of the accountability of DOE Provided Dark Energy Camera Property and related equipment from the DOE to the NSF. It also describes the terms for the transfer of this equipment from the NSF to AURA, or its successor in interest, in order to carry out the Dark Energy Survey.
- DES-doc-6070: DES DECam Shipping Statistics
- held from 23 Apr 2013 to 24 Apr 2013 in 1 West
- held from 30 Aug 2010 to 31 Aug 2010 in NCSA
DocDB Version 8.8.9, contact
Document Database Administrators